Is strength training beneficial for weight loss? If not, what else should I do?
Hello! I am a 15 yr old teenage girl (5 ft) and I've began my weight loss journey back in the beginning of september and so far have lost 16 kgs (80 kg --> 63.8kg)!! In the first month I went crazy with cardio and lost 10kg, in october i hit a terrible weight plateu and just stayed the same throughout, and in november i recently started losing weight again! I dont do much cardio anymore and instead focus on strength training in the very small gym near my house that consists of three treadmills and machines. I thought this was a good thing to do, as i want to be able to maintain my goal weight (55kg) comfortably and i know muscle helps with that, but ive been seeing people say that its difficult to build muscle while losing weight and that they should be done seperately? I read somewhere that if youre on a calorie deficit and trying to gain muscle, the excess weight/fat on ur body gets used up to help repair muscles but.. apparently.. not? I eat as much protein as i can (i try to aim for around 70 - 80 grams!!) and sleep 7 hours on most days. If strength training is not where i should put my energy into now, what other exercises can i do instead of it?
I track my calories regularly though im still unsure of how much to eat everyday to lose weight... i usually just eat around 900 - 1000 calories🫐 i know many people might consider this unhealthy but i seriously feel alright!
Sorry if theres a really obvious answer to this that im just not getting, im still new to all of this!! Thank you in advance!! 😵💫
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Myzu3Nj
No comments: