Major NSV Milestone: Hiked to the top of a 12,000ft mountain, 17 mile round trip. Thank you r/loseit.

This is technically a crosspost from hikingandcamping, but you guys are the main reason I was able to do this in the first place! Plus changing it up a little. :)

Tl;Dr at bottom.

The story:

I have loved hiking for about 5 years, but never really bothered to do anything more than a few miles long. Mostly because I was 230lbs, had horrible stomach issues, and my cardio was lacking.

I discovered reddit last year, but never really DID anything on it until January of this year. I discovered that this community of people, when used right, can completely change you.

A year ago, I would have laughed in your face if you told me to climb to the top of Southern NV's tallest mountain (Charleston Peak) in one day.

The discovery of the subreddits r/loseit, r/hikingandcamping, r/ultralight, and r/fitness have changed my life in a short 6 month period.

I have lost 40lbs since October of last year, ( 2 loseit challenges under my belt!), have camped out a few times (Once at over 9000ft!), and taking on trails that are more than 3 miles long is now exhilarating.

I post this picture because it's what you guys helped unlock, hidden deep within me. It was the hardest thing I've done in my life, to be sure, BUT, I did it. I did something that I never thought I could and it's all thanks to this community. So thank you and keep on inspiring.

To those out there just starting or are afraid too, little things add up to bigger things. Do things to make your future self proud. Start small. I've tried to lose weight so many times in the past. It's hard. You can do it!

Tech stats for those curious: 12 hours total, 17-18 miles, 5000ft elevation gain, 11,910ft in the air.

Pics or it didn't happen:

http://imgur.com/gallery/gsug59O

Tl;Dr: Reddit has changed my life in the last 6 months. This picture is to show something I never thought I could do. 12 hours, 17-18 miles, 5,000ft elevation gain, and 11,910ft-ish in the air. Thank you reddit, for encouraging and inspiring.

submitted by /u/alltimehereisfluid
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IoHjAe
Major NSV Milestone: Hiked to the top of a 12,000ft mountain, 17 mile round trip. Thank you r/loseit. Major NSV Milestone: Hiked to the top of a 12,000ft mountain, 17 mile round trip. Thank you r/loseit. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on June 25, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.