NSV: Success as Measured in Push-ups

A little background info...In January this year I was the heaviest I've ever been at about 320 lbs. The final straw for me was that some pants I had recently acquired in September were already beginning to get too tight and I made a commitment to change.. But I don't want to get too much in to weight this post isn't about the scale.

So January 2018...couldn't do 1 real push-up, maybe a few modified push-ups. Started with a number of small changes, typically 1 every week or so, IF, CICO, then cut back dairy, started cardio, then weight-training, etc.

Fast forward to May 20th. I decided to make a pretty big increase in intensity of my workouts after losing 50lbs. So I started this workout plan because Thor is a badass: https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/chris-hemsworths-god-thor-workout

The first part of the plan on day 1 is a superset of pull-ups (I use the assisted pull up machine because I can't do them otherwise) and 20 push-ups after each set of pull-ups. That first day I don't think I even did 40 of the 100 push-ups. And of those maybe 40...at best 15 were full push-ups.

Tonight was the last "back" day of my 6 week run on this workout (I like to change up routines every 4-6 weeks) and I did 81/100 push-ups with 53/81 being real, non-modified push-ups. It put me in a real good place for the rest of my workout realizing how much progress I had made in such a short time and I crushed the rest of the workout and the week 2, day 2 of C25k I did after my weight training, (2.25 miles in 31 minutes!)

Anyway it's late here in the great lakes and I didn't have anyone to share this with since my workout partner bailed about an hour before we meet up and my wife will be sleeping when I get home. So thank you for reading. This a great community.

submitted by /u/Iowreth1823
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2K9IsBp
NSV: Success as Measured in Push-ups NSV: Success as Measured in Push-ups Reviewed by Health And Fitness on June 25, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.