30 and done with being fat

Hi all,

I hit 30 this year, and I've been overweight since my sophomore year of college. I was always really slim growing up, but gained a ton of weight in school when I no longer had my parents watching what I ate all the time. I've lost and regained the weight at least 3 times since then, but I'm now the highest I've ever been.

I 've read all the books, done all the research, I just need to do it. I eat too much, don't exercise enough, and due to anxiety and stress, eat too much junk.

For the last week, I've buckled down with some hard and fast rules as suggested by the book "Never Binge Again" (written by a psychologist and available for free; I highly recommend it), and starting two days ago, I've been calorie counting using MFP (with a 1530 limit). I've lost 1.4 lbs in a week, so I think I'm off to a good start.

Here's to maintaining momentum! If anybody wants to be accountabilibuddies or has any words of encouragement, that would be great!

***EDITED TO ADD***

Wow I’m so overwhelmed by all the responses! Thank you everyone for the support and advice! I can’t keep up with responding to every message but please know that I appreciate it so much! For those who have expressed an interest in being accountabilibuddies (there are so many—I’m so excited!), I will think about a way we can all work together and support each other. Maybe a team with regular updates? (I’m open to suggestions!). In the meantime, my MFP username is claws88. Please feel free to add me!

submitted by /u/ink_of_me
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L9HHEU
30 and done with being fat 30 and done with being fat Reviewed by Health And Fitness on July 13, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.