I'm still obese. But being 20 pounds lighter feels really good!

I just wanted to share a thought for those like me who are starting out obese. I started in March with a BMI of 43, now it's down to 39. I've been fat my whole life, and it's really hard for me to imagine ever not being fat. Honestly, I don't know if I'll have the discipline or energy to get there. It feels really overwhelming and really like to big a dream to dream to imagine myself 100 pounds down.

But honestly? If all I ever do is lose the 22 pounds I've lost already, that will still be a great thing I did for myself. I feel healthier, have better stamina on stairs and on long walks, feel more comfortable looking in the mirror. My relationship with food is better than it's ever been. This is way better than staying where I was 20 pounds ago.

If I reach my next goal and lose another 15 to be under 200 for the first time in my adult life, or the goal after that to leave the obese category, even if I never get anywhere near my "ideal" weight, I know I'll feel so much healthier and more comfortable with myself. But for now I'm focused on the next 5, on making good choices like getting enough sleep and being more active to take care of my body the way it deserves to be cared for.

I wanted to make this post for anyone like me a few months ago, who can't believe, for whatever reason, that they'll ever be skinny or healthy. Don't worry about the big goals if they don't inspire you. Losing 5, 10, or 20 pounds will be worthwhile!

submitted by /u/Fizzfan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ujAsDW
I'm still obese. But being 20 pounds lighter feels really good! I'm still obese. But being 20 pounds lighter feels really good! Reviewed by Health And Fitness on July 13, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.