What I've Learned After a Drop in Motivation- Trust CICO!

Hi everyone, I'd just like to preface this by saying this is my first post in this sub but have stalked it for some time- just let me know if I've made any mistakes with formatting or this post is in the wrong place!

I've been trying to lose weight for some time but been unsuccessful and finally found this sub, where I learned about CICO and started using apps like MPP and Happy Scale, and finally brought my FitBit Alta HR out again. A little about my stats- I am 19F, 5'0, SW 130, CW 128, GW 105. I was able to hit 125 a month ago but then finals came and I ate all my stress and went back up to 130 lmao. That's when I decided I really needed to break out the big guns and start counting calories so I could lose the weight and trust it wouldn't return again.

I had some modest success including up days and down days, and was starting to lose hope that CICO works. I knew that there had been days where I ate over my goal calories, but I didn't understand how I could only lose 2 lb in almost a month. I was starting to become really unmotivated and considered just accepting that I'm going to be this heavy for the rest of my life. However, I still wanted to figure out how this could be with all my "dieting," so I buckled down and made an Excel chart that calculated how large my calorie deficit actually was over the month since I've started- a little over 7000 calories. Chart: https://imgur.com/a/8HbyVa1

Now, all of a sudden it made sense why I had only lost 2 lb!! My little "cheat" days had added up to more than I thought and I needed to see all the numbers to finally believe it. When my estimated weight is compared to my CW, the numbers are right on. It basically proved to me that CICO WORKS, I just have to be loyal to actually eating my calorie goal each day.

The chart isn't beautiful and colorful but it's done its job by proving to me that I'm pursuing weight loss using a strategy that works, I just need to crack down on myself and stop letting myself cheat! Looking at the numbers helped me a lot and I hope it helps anyone else who needs a little motivation to meet their goals each day!

submitted by /u/SpicyJuulHit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JdTMY0
What I've Learned After a Drop in Motivation- Trust CICO! What I've Learned After a Drop in Motivation- Trust CICO! Reviewed by Health And Fitness on July 12, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.