A cautionary tale about slippery slopes
When I first started losing weight, it felt awesome. I lost 21 lbs in 4 months, and got below 280 for the first time in years.
After a treat day, a birthday party, and a few days of skipping logging food, I ended up +2 lbs over 2 weeks, when I could have easily been down 5 lbs instead. I also noticed that by not tracking my macros, I dug myself back into a hole I never really knew I was in - having dangerously low levels of tyrosine, which made me irritable, unmotivated, tired, unfocused...
This kind of became a self-defeating process. It's something I've dealt with for years and thought it was just a losing battle with depression. I realize that not everyone has the same set of circumstances as me, but I know now that if I give myself an inch, I'm going to take a mile.
Thankfully, Reddit is here to save the day, and I love you guys (especially loseit!). I love seeing all the before/after photos, hearing about the transformations, the struggles, the victories. I love seeing teenagers turning their lives around by their own choice. I love seeing 30, 40, even 50+ year olds taking control of their lives. And on days like today, after clawing my way back out of the pits, I love knowing that one day I'm gonna be one of those posters.
Loseit app says I'll reach my goal weight by June 12th. My birthday is June 1st. I've never cared enough about myself to do anything about my physical or mental health problems, but next year, I'm giving myself one hell of a birthday present. I'm putting a clock on this.
It's time.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NKDZ9j
No comments: