24, prediabetic & freaking out

I’ve never posted before. I joined this sub because I wanted to be motivated, I wanted inspiration, I wanted a community that, even if I was a silent participant—i could turn to if just to search the comments and find answers. The past month as been an up and down. I’ve started seeing a nutritionist and am trying to do it “the right way.” Tracking calories on MFP, choice complex carbs and lean meats and healthy fats etc etc. I’ve fallen off more times than I’ve been successful in the past 6 weeks. I’ve been in a cast for 2 months and now that I’m finally out I thought “I will do this FOR REAL!” But today I checked the results of some blood work and it has knocked me down. I have a level 6 hemoglobin a1c level. Which means I am prediabetic. More importantly I am .4 away from being diagnosed as diabetic. I know diabetes is not a death sentence. I really do. But I am 24 years old. In the last 2.5 years I’ve had a traumatic knee injury which led to nerve damage, multiple surgeries, and oh yeah I’m living in a pandemic like everyone else. I’m tired! My body continues to fail me and this time it’s my fault. I feel defeated! I don’t know what I need right now but I really feel like nothing matters. The scale isn’t moving and now learning this I am as hopeless as ever. I would appreciate any helpful words.

submitted by /u/playgirlbunni
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FuFBSB
24, prediabetic & freaking out 24, prediabetic & freaking out Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 14, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.