M25, I'm trying to calorie count and lose weight but I worry about developing an unhealthy habit of obsessively counting calories and eating healthy unsustainably... but is there any other way to track nutrition to lose weight???

I'm really in a bind here. For anyone else who is into science-backed body positivity and deconstructing society's dark view on fat people generally, you'll surely know of the podcast "Maintenance Phase." It's a great podcast and it brings up hard-hitting questions about calories and our method of tracking fitness and caloric intake.

One thing that strikes me in the podcast is the claim to calories as an ineffective way to truly measure the intake of energy and energy burned. Essentially, different body types deal with calories in different ways. I look at my boyfriend who can easily eat 3000 or 3,500 calories daily and won't gain a single ounce of fat. But if I have a downward trend in weight and I eat some sweets on one or two days in in a row, it will rupture my ability to continue eating healthy in the days afterwards and I inevitably gain weight, not even plateau.

I'm at a lost here. I've been overweight my entire life, I have a BMI of 35 but my last two doctors were somewhat surprised to hear that I'm carrying that much weight for the actual size that I am, and I am mildly physically active. Yet I cannot take off any weight and I have issues with binging sweet foods/drinks and eating late. I'm not sure what to do at this point, is there a way to track calories in a positive way, that is sustainable and encouraging? Does tracking calories actually really do anything for you, or does it just slowly develop further eating disorders?

submitted by /u/User_313
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1FSXnBx
M25, I'm trying to calorie count and lose weight but I worry about developing an unhealthy habit of obsessively counting calories and eating healthy unsustainably... but is there any other way to track nutrition to lose weight??? M25, I'm trying to calorie count and lose weight but I worry about developing an unhealthy habit of obsessively counting calories and eating healthy unsustainably... but is there any other way to track nutrition to lose weight??? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on November 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.